DW Collector’s 333 natural maple with golden hardware:
- Collectors Satin Oil Series
- 7pcs configuration
- 100% maple wood with reinforcement ring for a longer controlled decay of the shell
Alterations in grain direction greatly influence sound. In a VLT™ shell, the outermost and innermost plies run vertically, rather than a traditionally horizontal configuration. The vertical grain places less tension on the shell, thus allowing it to vibrate more freely, resulting in a lower fundamental pitch. From VLT technology, 333 was born. This 9-ply VLT evolution also has reinforcement hoops and produces a lower overall tone while still maintaining maximum resonance and attack. 333™ shells are available only in Collector’s Series® Pure Maple.
- All shells sound with a flattering warm basic tone and just this attack sound for which the DW Collector’s Series became famous
- The sound of maple captivates with its soft warm balanced resonance with nevertheless clear and always controlled stick attack
- STM Suspension Tom Mount (free-swinging mounting system for a vibration-free, securely suspended tom with maximum tone resonance)
- True Hoop hoops
- True pitch tension rods
- All shells are assembled using the 333 process: each shell is analysed according to its specific fundamental and the selected shells are then configured together to form a “tuned” set.
- Golden shell hardware
- Matt lacquered shells
- Colour: Natural
Shell set includes:
- 22″ x 16″ Bass Drum / 8″x7″ tom tom / 10″x7″ tom tom / 12″x9″ tom tom / 14″x 14″ floor tom / 16″x 16″ floortom / 14″x 7″ snare drum